The True Historic 1959 Les Paul Reissue Aged Electric Guitar from Gibson Custom features reformulated plastics based on lab analysis of original vintage parts, double-carved and hand sanded neck and top profiles, Murphy Aged, thin wet-sanded lacquer, Custom wound Custom Bucker pickups, Hot Hide Glue joinery, and historically accurate serial number.
Available in very limited quantities, this is the closest you can come to owning an original vintage Les Paul from the 1950s without actually acquiring an original. Comes with True Historic COA with guitars exact serial number, die-cast True Historic badge over the Rhythm/Treble switch access cavity and hardshell reissue Les Paul case.
The True Historic range represents fanatic new levels of detail accuracy, employing new processes, new materials, and new skills to give you an entirely authentic ownership experience, placing the beauty, feel, and tone of an original 1950s Gibson in your hands. You simply can’t get closer to the real thing…than the real thing.
New for the TRUE HISTORIC ’59 LES PAUL:
– True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
– True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals
– Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
– Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
– “Broken” Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
– Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
– Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
– Hide Glue Top Construction: Real vintage spec on the most “original” Reissue yet
– Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It’s all about feel and playability